Why is this guide essential reading for every mountain biker over 50?
If you are a mountain biker in your 50's, 60's, 70's or above (or you are creeping up on 50!) then this E-Book was written for you! I'm a huge believer that you can achieve anything you want on the bike, at any age. Age is a number, and it's up to you whether you decide to feel and act old, or young.
With that being said, there are unmistakeable changes that happen to your body as you get older. You don't bounce like you used to, which makes injuries a much bigger issue. Recovery between rides takes much longer. Your sex hormones are decreasing, which means progress can be tougher. Muscle mass and bone density begins to decrease. It all adds up.
If you want to continue riding for as long as you can. If you want to improve your posture, fitness and strength and decrease your risks of injury, then this guide is for you. Over the last several years, I've worked with thousands of mountain bikers over 50, through MTB Fitness. I've also worked 1-1 with hundreds of over 50 year olds as a personal trainer. I've learnt so many essential lessons that I believe every mountain biker over 50 needs to know.
FOREWORD BY STEVE PEAT
MOUNTAIN BIKE LEGEND STEVE PEAT SAYS...
"Matt and his over 50's tips will hopefully teach you a few things! Do yourself a favour and get stuck into these tips for over 50's, so you too can keep enjoying 2 wheels!"
Enjoy an exclusive foreword by Steve Peat in your guide!
IN THIS 100 PAGE E-BOOK YOU WILL LEARN :
- How to stay aggressive on the bike & ride faster & harder, while simultaneously lowering your chances of crashing & getting injured!
- The physical changes that cause you to recover more slowly after 50 and the little known secrets EVERY rider over 50 can apply to help you recover like a 25 year old again (or as close as is humanly possible!)
- How to bounce back as fast as possible from an injury, whether it's a small niggle or a full on broken bone
- Brain hacks to improve your reaction time, focus & concentration so you can feel as sharp as possible on the bike and always pick the perfect line (I discuss both the mental side of things & also show you how to keep your brain as physically healthy as possible)
- How to stop yourself losing your fitness when you have a break from riding (such as a holiday) & even how to IMPROVE your MTB fitness, when you aren't riding.
- How to manage your bodyweight as you get older to make it easier to both hit and maintain a healthy weight
- How to handle joint issues, aches and pains. I show you how to train around dodgy joints, what to do to correct issues, how posture & weak muscles affect your joints in a negative way and what to do to have the best possible joint health
- The truth about listening to your body! Ignoring this advice can cause you to injure yourself far more frequently & can even end your riding career prematurely
- Tons more! Such as how thinking differently can help you physically perform better, how to make yourself more crash proof, the difference between training and exercising, how to build up to riding 100 miles, specific supplements for riders over 50 and so, so much more!